The Santiam Hospital & Clinics Surgery Department is committed to providing a broad scope of inpatient and outpatient surgical services within the defined capability of the hospital, ranging from minor injury and illness to severe, life-threatening events.
Santiam Hospital’s teams of skilled surgeons, board-certified anesthesiologists and excellent nursing staff work together to provide patients with the highest level of care. Working together, medical staff provide the specialized medical care found in large hospitals with the personalized care unique to a small community.
How do I prepare for surgery?
- Read the information that you were given from your doctor.
- Follow your doctor instructions about your medications.
- Depending on the surgical procedure a medical preparation list will be provided to you.
- Bring your driver’s license, list of medications, insurance.
- Dress in comfortable clothes.
- Make car arrangements. You may need someone to drive you home.
What happens here?
Post-Anesthesia Care Unit "PACU"
Types of Surgery
The Santiam Hospital & Clinics Surgery Center is committed to providing a broad scope of inpatient and outpatient surgical services, ranging from minor injury to severe life-threatening events.
For questions about inpatient or outpatient services in our surgery center in Stayton, OR; please contact
Clark Yoder at 503.769.9322
- Breast Surgery including biopsy, lumpectomy and mastectomy
- Colonoscopy and Endoscopy
- Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery
- General Surgery including intra-abdominal surgery (Appendectomy, Hernia, Small Intestine, Colon, Gall Bladder, Hemorrhoid etc.)
- Hand Surgery
- Inpatient Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Obstetrical & Gynecological Surgery
- Ophthalmologic Surgery-Cataracts
- Orthopedic Surgery – Including Total Joint Replacements & Arthroscopic Techniques
- Outpatient Surgery
- Podiatry Surgery
- Thyroid Surgery
- Vascular Surgery- Temporal Artery Biopsy
Our Operating Rooms (ORs) are larger than standard ORs and equipped with the latest technology, enabling our medical team to provide the best care possible.
“This hospital has the most wonderful staff! From the receptionist, doctors, nurses, everyone I’ve met have been the most caring and understanding individuals I’ve ever met. Ps the people who work in the kitchen who make the meals are outstanding!!“
“Our family has been patients for many years. The doctors, nurses, and staff are always friendly, attentive, thorough, and knowledgeable. They really go above and beyond even being able to schedule same-day appointments if necessary.“