Our Emergency Department remains open for those who need emergent care. Of the highest importance, is the safety and wellbeing of you and your family. Your hospital is committed to you. Please stay safe!
To find out how you can help, please visit the Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund’s Facebook page
:00, Press Release: September 11, 2020 – Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund
It is with great optimism and hope that the Santiam SIT (Service Integration Team) of Santiam Hospital announces the establishment of Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund to aid in the immediate relief efforts of those living in the Santiam Canyon who are affected by the 2020 Santiam Fire.
Monetary donations can be mailed to the following address:
Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund
c/o Santiam SIT of Santiam Hospital
1401 North 10th Ave
Stayton, OR 97383
Donations can be made online: www.SantiamHospital.org
In-Kind Donation Collection Sites (outside evacuation zone)
- • SIT Mobile– 101 Center Street Suite A Sublimity OR 97385, Monday-Friday 10:00 – 4:00.
- • Immaculate Conception Church Office (Main Doors)- 1077 N 6th Ave, Stayton, OR 97383 . Monday-Friday 8:00 – 4:00.
- • Cascade School District– 10226 Marion Road SE Turner, OR 97392 , Monday-Friday 7:30-3:30.
- • 13th Street Nursery- 1298 13th Street SE, Salem, OR, 97392, Tuesday – Saturday 9:00-6:00, Sunday 10:00-4:00.
Santiam SIT serves as a safety net by facilitating resources and information for individuals and families in the Santiam Canyon region. The Santiam SIT program was established in 2017 to coordinate community providers and services to identify needs, find solutions, and avoid duplication of services. Santiam SIT continually seeks partners to include local school districts, law enforcement, local and state governments, faith communities, businesses, non-profits, early childhood providers, community volunteers, and other interested parties. Together, we share resources and work efficiently and effectively to benefit those most in need in our community. This network of service providers and community programs is ideally suited to receive and distribute support for the Santiam Canyon residents affected by the Santiam Fire in an efficient and transparent manner.
All monetary donations made directly to the Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund are tax-deductible, as the fund is established with 501©3 status and held in a local account at Columbia Bank. Further, 100% of moneys contributed to the Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund will be distributed specifically to meet the needs of Santiam Canyon residents until fund exhaustion. Distribution of funds will be overseen by a collaborative group of community members already vested in the SIT network. Founding Wildfire Relief SIT members include:
- • Cindy Chauran, Gates Resident & Fund Initiator
- • Melissa Baurer, Santiam Hospital-Service Integration
- • Deana Freres, Community Volunteer / Freres Lumber Co.
- • Todd Miller, Santiam Canyoon School District
- • Todd Reeser, Santiam Canyon School District
- • Alex Nalivaiko, Santiam Canyon School District
- • Troy Gulstrom, Mehama Community Church
- • Rhonda Wolfe, United Way of Mid-Willamette Valley
- • Ed Diehl, Knights of Columbus and Santiam Hospital Board Member
- • Colleen Bradford, Department of Human Services
- • Nicole McIntyre, Columbia Bank
- • Christina Hoeckle, Linn Benton Lincoln Education Service District (LBLESD)
Santiam SIT / Wildfire Relief meetings will be open to the community. Donated resources will be coordinated through the Facebook Page: Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund. These resources will be matched to individuals and families whose needs will be presented to SIT via the extensive network of local service providers already established in the region. Also, individuals in need of financial, material or service support can contact SIT directly:
Call or text 503-409-3652
Monetary donations can be made using PayPal
Items You Can Donate
Adult Wash Cloths
Children Diapers (Newborn—Size 6)
Pack n Plays
Pet food (canned and kibble)
Prepackaged food items (granola bars, fruit leathers, etc.)
New prepaid mobile phones
First Aid Kits
Walmart and Fred Meyer gift cards
Santiam Hospital is a not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care hospital located in Stayton, Oregon, which is a short 12-mile drive east of Salem, and serves more than 30,000 people annually from the communities of Stayton, Sublimity, Aumsville, Mill City, Jefferson, and the surrounding areas.
1401 North 10th Ave.
Stayton, OR 97383