At Santiam Hospital, our Imaging and Radiology Department provides you with a complete range of diagnostic and treatment services. Using state-of-the-art equipment, our skilled team provides you with caring, safe, and accurate imaging services that are fully coordinated with your medical care.
These services can help your medical team to:
- Diagnose the cause of your symptoms
- Diagnose a broken bone
- Monitor the health of a baby before birth
- Observe a treatment you are receiving for a disease or condition and monitor the progress your body is making to this treatment
- Screen for illnesses like breast cancer, colon cancer, or heart disease
Each of the imaging technologies we work with has a team of trained professionals running your diagnostic tests and screenings. We take pride in the skills of our team members and their ability to use this advanced equipment to offer our patients the highest level of care in an efficient matter of time.
Here is an overview of the imaging technologies available at Santiam Hospital:
New Stationary Digital & Mobile X-ray Machines
X-rays are an important part of our imaging department and are commonly used to non-invasively view broken bones and other medical conditions. Fluoroscopy is used to take streaming real-time images by x-ray and combines those images to create a kind of “x-ray movie”. Our new stationary digital x-ray machine offers low dose technology, significantly reducing the amount of radiation involved in taking an x-ray, and provides a superior image. Our mobile digital x-ray machine is portable for those times when it’s important for patients to remain in the privacy of their rooms or in the Emergency Department. This mobile x-ray machine is also a low dose technology and provides a superior image.
Computed Tomography is an x-ray procedure that combines many x-ray images with the aid of a computer to generate cross-sectional views and, if needed, three-dimensional images of the internal organs and structures of the body. In just seconds, this advanced technology can make a complete scan of your entire body – or produce detailed views of a targeted area. Our CT scanner offers a new low dose technology, which significantly reduces the amount of radiation needed for high-quality images.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging is a painless and safe diagnostic procedure that uses a powerful magnet and radio waves to produce detailed images of the body’s organs and structures, without the use of x-rays or other radiation. Our MRI includes the following:
- Philips Ingenia 1.5T MR system is at the top of the list for this classification of MRIs
- Features MultiVane XD which helps get the first-time-right image in the presence of patient motion
- Largest homogeneous field-of-view in a commercial 70 cm system to enhance patient comfort
- dStream digital broadband technology for high-quality images and remarkable speed
- iPatient technology for adaptive imaging based on patient size variability
Intellispace Portal Advanced Visualization Platform
This software allows images from any of our Philips Imaging equipment to be shared with other healthcare providers, including to their personal electronic devices, in a highly protected format. This will influence and improve patient care through the advancement of electronic communication capability.