Santiam Hospital & Clinics is a drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
How To Apply
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/Santiam/jobs/3623996/paramedic-er-tech?keywords=paramedic&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Come join our ambulance service at Santiam Hospital & Clinics! We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking a Paramedic/ER Tech to enhance our healthcare team of innovative leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
Paramedic/ER techs serve a dual role at Santiam Hospital; working in our Level IV Trauma Center ER and on our ALS ambulances for 9-1-1 and interfaculty transfers. Santiam Ambulance is a hospital based ambulance service providing ALS service to the communities of Stayton, Sublimity, Aumsville, Marion, and Scio along with mutual aid agreements for surrounding communities. Over 3,000 calls for service annual between two ALS staffed ambulance.
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, uses clinical judgment skills to recognize and treat human responses to actual or potential health problems. The EMS provider is responsible for:
- Performing multi-system assessments providing individualized care plans based on patient presentation according to acceptable medical practice standards, standing orders and department policies and procedures in the hospital and prehospital setting.
- Performs duties assigned by the Director of EMS that further departmental missions such as, but limited to, readiness and improvement in performance and safety.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Current BLS Provider certification
- Current Oregon Paramedic license
- Current and valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
- Able to perform all mental and physical duties of the job.
- EVOC, NFPA Driver, or equivalent
- Strong team player, positive attitude, and great work ethic.
- Exceptional customer service, critical thinking, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
Santiam Hospital & Clinics complies with MGMA on Section 1557 – Notice of non-discrimination and language services.
For questions about this career posting, or others here at Santiam Hospital, please contact our Human Resources Department:
(503) 769-9304 ext. 1304
Nurse Staffing Laws