Licensed Practical Nurse
Salary$24.00 -$34.00, DOE
Santiam Hospital is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
How To Apply
To apply, please visit governmentjobs.com/careers/Santiam
Come join our Nursing Department at Santiam Hospital & Clinics! We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, community hospital that is proud to serve our community through our acute care hospital and 13 clinics including, cardiology, pulmonology, orthopedics, podiatry, women’s health, and family practice. At Santiam Hospital & Clinics, we take pride in delivering high quality, compassionate care for our communities, friends, and neighbors.
This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to multitask in a variety of environments. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic self-starter and have excellent customer service skills with a passion for providing exceptional patient care.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics offers career growth and learning opportunities through cross-training departments, specialty education, personalized training and much more. You won’t be “just a number” at Santiam Hospital & Clinics, you will be a valued, respected part of our team; one of the greatest benefits of working for a community hospital. Staff and patient safety go hand-in-hand; our nurse/patient ratio is typically 1:4.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is growing, and we have openings in various departments and shifts.
Multiple shifts available
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, uses clinical judgment skills to recognize and treat human responses to actual or potential health problems. Within the LPN scope of practice, the LPN will assist the RN with:
- Assessment: Performs accurate multi-system assessments, including; biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning needs. Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization. Performs complete discharge assessment.
- Planning: Develops and carries out an individual nursing plan of care. Appropriately delegates patient care activities based on patients’ condition and scope of practice of other health care providers. Plans and coordinates patient teaching, identifying barriers to education and discharge, assist care team with discharge planning.
- Implementation: Initiates, develops, and implements appropriate cares based on protocol for the management of the patient. Documents care according to policy and procedure accurately in the EMR. Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach when appropriate. Performs all necessary procedures correctly. Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient teaching needs. Accurately prepares, administers and records medications. Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluation: Evaluates assessment methods, plan of care, and patient’s response to treatment. Adheres to best nursing practices, standards, and protocols.
- Current, unencumbered LPN license to practice in the State of Oregon.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school.
- Current BLS and ACLS or able to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Able to perform all mental and physical duties of the job.
- Exceptional customer service, critical thinking, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player, positive attitude, and great work ethic.
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Continual educational opportunities
- Professional development and career advancement
Santiam Hospital & Clinics complies with MGMA on Section 1557 – Notice of non-discrimination and language services.
For questions about this career posting, or others here at Santiam Hospital, please contact our Human Resources Department:
(503) 769-9304 ext. 1304
Nurse Staffing Laws