Come join our Scope Lab Department at Santiam Hospital & Clinics! We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking a Program Outreach Specialist to enhance our healthcare team of innovative leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
Temporary part-time to full-time position through June 30th, 2023.
During this uncertain time, Santiam Hospital and Clinics has continued to meet the increased needs of our community. The SCoPE Molecular Lab is a new and evolving department, established in 2020 to help serve our community by providing COVID-19 testing during the pandemic. The SCoPE Lab received a grant to provide K-12 COVID-19 screening for all schools in the Mid-Willamette Valley, including Salem-Keizer public schools, the second largest district in the state. SCoPE is looking to add an Outreach Specialist to its dynamic team.
The desired candidate, and type of individual who will enjoy and thrive in this position, is one who enjoys and has the following abilities:
- Public speaking and constant communication with the community.
- Passionate and invested in providing families with resources to be proactive with their health and well-being.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills for projects that have many moving parts and variable goals.
- Willing to be a team player.
- Outgoing, self-starting, and adaptable to change.
- Interested in working outside of the office setting, both indoors and outdoors, for the majority of their scheduled shifts.
- Does not mind traveling distances of over 25 miles.
- Willing to be flexible in their work schedule to ensure events can be attended.
- Works efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strong networking, communication, and coordinating skills.
- Has situational awareness and is able to comfortably communicate with people from different backgrounds about the benefits of COVID-19 testing.
- Handles skepticism and rejection well.
- A willingness to learn and accept challenges is highly preferred.
If these qualities strongly reflect your personality, we encourage you to apply for the K-12 COVID-19 Screening Program Outreach Specialist position today!