Medical Surgical FloorEmbrace Care
Your Hospital Stay
Preparing For Your Stay
You can learn more about preparing for a Hospital stay, billing and financial services, and support programs designed to make sure you have everything you need.
What to Bring.
If you know that you are going to be admitted to Santiam Hospital.
We wanted to provide some tips in order to make your stay more comfortable in order for you to be fully prepared.
- Documents & paperwork. Insurance cards, a list of medications you are currently taking,
telephone numbers to family members and close friends. If you have a written power of attorney or a living will.
- Comfortable clothing that is lose and short sleeved.
- Eyeglasses if you wear them.
- Toiletries, if you have specific items. Toiletries are provided to you at the hospital.
- Photos or small personal items.
Your treatment is complete and it’s time to go home. Make sure you take all of
your personal belongings with you. Your nurse can assist you with your valuables and
personal medications. Your nurse can also schedule your ride home with a family member.
Upon leaving the hospital, you will be given written instructions personalized
to assist in your recovery, which may include guidelines for:
- Activity level
- Follow-up appointments
- Schedule for returning to work
Please note, newborns and small children must be securely fastened in car seats when going home from the hospital.