Santiam Hospital is looking for you to join the Santiam Hospital healthcare team of innovative leaders located in the heart of Oregon's Mid-Willamette Valley. We are currently seeking a Director of Surgical Services. Excellent Career opportunities, benefits, and support will allow you to grow in your career and to fully enjoy your passion.
The Director of Surgical Services is a professional Registered Nurse whose values and beliefs are consistent with Santiam Hospital's values and beliefs as described in the mission statement, patient rights policy and philosophy statement.
Under the supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer and Administrative supervision, the Director of Surgical Services plans, directs, and supervises all aspects of the surgery department. The Director assumes responsibility of organizing, controlling and implementing the department's activities and coordinating them with other departments within the hospital.
Education & Experience:
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required, Masters of Science in Nursing preferred or in process
- Current Oregon Registered Nursing License
- At least three years of experience working within the operating room including recovery room experience preferred
- At least three years of managerial experience within surgical services: willing to consider OR Managers as first time Director applicants
- ACLS Certification
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing, must demonstrate managerial leadership qualities
- Driver's License
- AORN Certification favored
Health and physical demands related to working conditions:
- Work is at times stressful and emotional, dealing with families of ill, injured and dying patients. Dealing with occasional conflicts e.g. staff to staff, patient to staff and patient family to staff. Other stressors include juggling priorities and meeting timelines.
- Work is of moderate demand, walking, sitting, standing, lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, climbing and at times driving.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs at times.
- Fine motor skills of grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Use of foot or feet in operating machinery.
- Lifting, transferring and turning of patients, supplies and/or equipment is required, usually with the assistance of co-workers.
- Hearing adequate to distinguish telephone conversations, patient conversations and alarm activations.
- Good visual acuity and visual perception to read gauges and dials on equipment and to perceive changes in patients' skin color.
- Environmental factors include: fumes, odors and high noise levels. Potential Hazardous Materials handling includes: blood and body secretions, electrical equipment, chemicals, radiation, explosives and infections materials.
- Protective clothing may be required as per the Employee Exposure Plan.
- Touch—the ability to distinguish between extremes of hot and cold.
- May work outside of the facility.
- Ability to care, assess and communicate with patients.
- Ability to care, assess and communicate with patients and significant others throughout the age span.
Workers supervised: Surgery Staff— Registered Nurses, Scrub Technologists and Sterile Processing Technicians.Supervised by: Chief Nursing Officer
Benefits at a Glance
- Excellent salaries
- 401(k) Retirement plan with hospital contribution
- Health, dental and vision insurance for staff and family.
- PTO, holidays and extended medical leave bank
- Hospital Incentive Plan (HIP)
- Life Insurance
- Long term disability Insurance
- Staff Discounts
How to Apply
Santiam Hospital offers excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Please inquiry to Human Resources; Attn.: Von 503.769.9235
or send resume via email (email@example.com)
or mail to:
1401 North 10th Avenue
Stayton, OR 97383
Download an employment application